2. Eat off a dessert plate and dont go for seconds. Your stomach is the size of your fist. So to keep yourself from over eating, put your bigger plates up top and your dessert plates down where you can easily access them and eat off a dessert plate.
3. Eat 3 meals a day, and 1-2 healthy snacks in between. If you constantly eat cause you have nothing to do, find something to do and keep yourself busy to keep your mind off food. Dont skip out on meals cause your body will store the fat.
4. Use larger utensils to eat. By using larger utensils you feel like your eating more, whereas if you eat with smaller spoons or forks you tend to eat more cause you feel like your not eating enough.
5. Yellow and red make you want to eat more, so instead eat off of blue plates which make you want to eat less. McDonalds colors are yellow and red which make people tend to eat more. Don't paint your kitchen either of these colors if you are trying to lose weight.
6. Dance! Dancing burns tons of calories and its fun! So turn up the music and while you are doing chores, in between commercials, or during your spare time practice those dance moves!
7. Do mini workout sessions. You can either work out 30 min a day, 3 times a week or do mini workout sessions everyday for 5-10 min. Some workout is better than no workout. Use the excercises off the TIPS AND TRICKS page or make your own. Workout during commercials, when you get up in the morning, during your spare time, at night, etc. Do lunges as you go from one room to the next....run up and down the stairs anytime you need to use them...do simple stretches while cooking food...you can make it apart of your regular routine without taking time out of your day.
8. Go on daily walks. Go on a daily walk with your spouse or family. Its a great bonding experience as well as great exercise.
9. Tighten your abs. You can do this anywhere! Just tighten your abs for 1 min at a time. You can still crunch your abs and breathe in and out.
10. Stay busy and active. Go out with your kids and do something fun, take up a new hobby, and stay busy. Keeping your body busy burns calories. Don't sit around and watch TV or take naps during the day. Instead find something active to do whether its going to the park, hanging out with friends and family, sports, or go have fun. You should be walking atleast 10,000 steps a day. Get a pedometer and track your progress.
11. De-stress. Take time to meditate and use the Stress Management Tips on this blog to help de-stress. It's hard to take care of your body when your overwhelmed. Take care of yourself first so you can help others.
12. When you first wake up, drink a glass of water, and before and during every meal.
13. Eat and snack on fruit. Dont forget vegetables! Use the food pyramid to know how much you should be eating each day.
14. Make homemade meals instead of eating fast food or boxed food. Have fixed meal times.
15. Dont eat past 7 PM
16. You should eliminate or rarely eat any of the following: fried anything, frozen waffles, McDonalds, doughnuts, carrot cake, candy.
17. Count calories. http://www.shapefit.com/dailycalorie-calc.html. find out how many calories you should be eating each day. 1 lb is 3500 calories. You need to burn 3500 more calories than you consume. If you want to burn 1 lb a week, eat 500 less calories each day.
18. Take the stairs 2 at a time
19. Dont eat more than 1 egg a day, or 3 a week.
20. Eliminate smoking/drinking
21. Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking
22. Go swimming or play sports
23. Savor each bite. Chew everything 32 times.
24. Look at the label. Fat should be less than 30%.
25. Take the stairs instead of an elevator.
26. Don't use the remote. Instead turn off the tv or stand up and change the channel yourself.
27. Workout during commercials
28. Park further away
29. Do Yoga/Pilates atleast once or twice a week.
30. Instead of wishing you had the body you always wanted, believe that you already have it. When you see a picture of someone who has a great body, pretend it is yours. When you believe you already have that body, the law of attraction will give you what you want if you believe it with all your heart.
31. Do the plank (exercise where you are in the push up position and hold it) for 30 seconds a day.
32. Best time to exercise is after breakfast
33. Restaurants serve 4 times more food than what you should be eating. Eat only 1/4 or 1/2 of the meal.
34. Raise yourself up on your toes and lower back down without letting your heels touch the ground and repeat 50 times.
35. Sit up straight
36. Tighten/tuck in your tummy
37. Punch a pillow (25-50 x)
38. Sitting is better than lying down. Standing is better than sitting. Walking is better than standing. Running is better than walking. Everything you do makes a difference no matter what or how long. Remember going slow around 1 lap is still a lap above anyone sitting on the couch.
40. Get a pedometer. You should be doing about 10,000 steps a day.
41. When going to the grocery store, plan your meals ahead of time so you only get what you put on your list. Skip the soda and snack aisles. There would be no need to resist temptation if the junk food is not in your house. Skip boxed, frozen, or pre-made meals.
42. Here are some activites and how many calories you would burn within 10 min for a person weighing 115 lbs. If you weigh more or less than the calories burned will go up or down. You can go to http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi and enter your height and weight for an accurate reading just for you!
|Talking on phone||9|
|Sitting / resting||9|
|Sex - foreplay||13|
|Playing board games||14|
|Football - playing catch||22|
|Push stroller with child||23|
|Putting away Groceries||23|
|Walking 2 mph||24|
|Dancing - ballroom slow||26|
|Loading/Unloading a car||28|
|Weight lifting - general||30|
|Lifting weights - general||30|
|Volleyball - recreation||30|
|Carrying an Infant||32|
|Coaching - team sports||34|
|Walk / run play with kids||34|
|Cycling - leisure||34|
|Sex - intercourse||37|
|Tennis - doubles||37|
|Walking 3 mph||38|
|Volleyball - competitive||38|
|Mowing - push||38|
|Situps / crunches - moderate||39|
|Basketball - shooting baskets||39|
|Jumping jacks - moderate||39|
|Calisthenics / exercise - moderate||39|
|Canoeing 2 mph||39|
|Softball or baseball||44|
|Pushups - moderate||44|
|Walking 4 mph||45|
|Dancing - fast ballroom||48|
|Dancing - aerobic, ballet, modern||52|
|Skiing - water||52|
|Boxing - punching bag||52|
|Swimming - moderate||53|
|Tennis - singles||53|
|Lifting weights - vigorous||53|
|Aerobics - low impact||53|
|Weight lifting - vigorous||53|
|Step aerobics - low impact||61|
|Aerobics - high impact||61|
|Spinning - moderate||61|
|Stair Step Machine||61|
|Stationary bicycle / spinning - moderate||61|
|Basketball - officiating||61|
|Bikram / hot yoga||61|
|Walking - up stairs||70|
|Calisthenics / exercise - vigorous||70|
|Basketball 1/2 court||71|
|Running 5 mph||74|
|Bicycling / biking - mountain||74|
|Skiing - downhill||76|
|Bicycling / cycling 12-14 mph||76|
|Canoeing 4 mph||80|
|Swimming - vigorous||85|
|Judo - martial arts||87|
|Bicycling / cycling 14-16 mph||92|
|Step aerobics - high impact||92|
|Basketball full court||95|
|Skiing - cross country||99|
|Spinning - vigorous||99|
|Stationary bicycle / spinning - vigorous||99|
|Running 7 mph||100|
|Boxing - in ring||105|
|Running 8 mph||117|
|Running 10 mph||156|
|Running 12 mph||194|